Chiropractor For Back Pain And Sciatica In Kuala Lumpur
An evidence-based holistic chiropractor for back pain and sciatica is the best alternative to medication, injections, or spine surgery.
Back pain and sciatica result from pinched nerves or muscle spams in the lower back or buttocks. Sciatica and back pain can be debilitating or crippling. Patients with sciatica or sciatica-like pain syndrome may experience piercing leg pain. Pain medication or steroid injections may give short-term results. However, a holistic chiropractor In Kuala Lumpur for back pain and sciatica is your best option for lasting relief.
Get the best treatment for back pain and sciatica at one of CSC’s 3 locations in Kuala Lumpur:
- Physiotherapy with chiropractic in Damansara Heights (Bukit Damansara)
- Sri Petaling residents of KL can get CSC back pain and sciatica treatment by top physiotherapists and chiropractors in Sri Petaling
- Sri Damansara and Desa ParkCity residents now have access to award-winning physiotherapy with chiropractic in Bandar Sri Damansara
What Is Sciatica?
Sciatica causes pain, numbness, tingling, or burning sensations in the buttocks and back of the leg on one or both sides. In short, sciatica is a nerve pain caused by impingement or irritation of the sciatica nerve. The sciatica nerve controls all the muscles and ligaments of the buttocks, thigh, lower legs, and feet.
The most common cause of sciatica is impingement of the lower back nerve, resulting from bulging, protruding, or herniating spinal discs. Secondary causes of sciatica-like pain result from sciatic nerve compression by the piriformis of hamstring muscles.
Sciatica and sciatic nerve pain often accompany a painful back. However, it is relatively common to have sharp shooting pain in the thighs and legs without experiencing back pain. Most back pain and sciatica patients report occasional or infrequent symptoms at onset, progressively worsening over time.
Prolonged sitting and hunching over the keyboard or laptop are the primary cause of back pain and sciatica. Also, sciatica-like symptoms with or without back pain are prevalent in:
- Slipped disc patients
- Gym goers
- Persons required to lift heavy weights
- Pregnant mothers & mothers with newborn babies
What do You need To Know?
- Back pain, sciatica, and slipped disc are treatable and reversible without injections or surgery.
- Sciatica is a serious health condition that results in compression of the sciatic nerve that causes radiating pain in the leg at times without neurological deficits (weakness, numbness, tingling, or burning sensation in the thigh, leg, or foot).
- A slipped disc (bulging, protruding, prolapse, herniated, or extruded disc) is the most common cause of sciatica, sciatic nerve pain, or sciatic-like symptoms in one or both legs.
- Proper assessment and accurate diagnosis are essential for rapid and total recovery.
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) of the low back is the best method of identifying the root cause of sciatica and sciatica-like pain syndromes.
- Weakness in the legs, paralysis, Erectile dysfunction, fertility issues, and loss of bladder and bowel control are the possible implications or complications for untreated or progressive sciatica.
- Chiropractors and physiotherapists are the best for lasting relief through conservation or non-invasive treatment programs. It is better to get treated at centers that provide combined comprehensive physiotherapist and chiropractic treatments. But if you have difficulty finding an integrative clinic that offers physiotherapy (physical therapy) and chiropractic near you, then a chiropractor will be better.
- Avoid corticosteroid injections. Start with conservative treatments that target damaged areas identified during your assessment and diagnostic imaging such as MRI or X-Rays. A published study in the Journal of Radiology steroid injections can cause irreparable damage to soft tissue (muscle and ligament), bone, and cartilage.
When Should You Get Spine Surgery For Back Pain, Slipped Disc & Sciatica?
Spine surgery for back pain slipped disc, and sciatica patients may be advisable if you fail to improve within 4-6 weeks of the course of conservative treatment. World-renowned clinics, hospitals, in teaching institutions such as Mayo Clinic, The Cleveland Clinic, and The Harvard Medical School unanimously agree and recommend spine surgery as the last option. Generally speaking, spine surgery falls into two main categories:
- Minimally invasive spine surgery: These are surgical procedures performed on a small opening along the spine known as keyhole surgeries.
- Traditional spine surgery or open back surgery: Open back surgeries or conventional spine surgery are typically performed during spinal fusion for severe arthritis, scoliosis, or spondylolisthesis. Also, some surgeons prefer to do spinal through keyhole surgery of the minimally invasive method.
You should consider spine surgery when your conservative treatments from physiotherapists and chiropractors fail to improve your condition within four to six weeks of care.
Research On Treatment by Chiropractor For Back Pain & Sciatica
A published study and the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics compared the efficacy of spinal manipulation in patients with back pain and sciatica caused by a herniated lumbar disc (slipped disc) to pain medication, physiotherapy, and acupuncture. The study reported that 60% of patients who failed to improve with the three continuous and consecutive months of medication, acupuncture, and physiotherapy improved significantly with the spinal manipulations by chiropractors.
A separate study published The clinical outcomes for 576 sciatica pain patients receiving chiropractic treatment improved significantly within 12 sessions.
What Is The Best Treatment For Back Pain With & Without Sciatica?
Physiotherapists and chiropractors are two of the best caregivers for patients with painful backs or sciatic-like symptoms. A chiropractor’s treatment approach will differ from a physiotherapist. Most chiropractors concentrate more on your muscles. nerves, spinal disc, and spinal joint through the spine or soft tissue manipulation. However, some chiropractors only perform spinal manipulations (chiropractic treatment) for the spine for patients with back pain and sciatica.
In contrast, a physiotherapist focuses on the soft tissues (muscles and ligaments) of the spine, buttocks, and thigh back pain patients or those with sciatica-like symptoms. A certified physiotherapist can give physiotherapy treatments manually or through therapy devices. Patients diagnosed with sciatica are better treated through a combination of manual and physiotherapy modalities such as shockwave therapy, laser therapy, and spinal decompression therapy.
For best and lasting results, it is recommended that patients with sciatica and back pain should get integrative treatments from physiotherapists and chiropractors simultaneously. Coming sections of this article provide more details on the best forms of chiropractic and physiotherapy treatments for patients with sciatica-like pain syndrome.
Sciatica & Back Pain Treatment Plan By Chiropractors & Physiotherapists In Kuala Lumpur
Sciatica and back pain treatment offered at our centers in Kuala Lumpur is customized to the therapeutic needs of a patient’s health condition. As such, it isn’t easy to provide an exact treatment for each of these conditions because Chiropractic Specialty Center® (CSC) does not offer a “cookie-cutter” approach to back pain and sciatica. However, we at CSC understand that patients would like to be familiar with our methods. As such, we have provided some of the common treatments we provide for patients presenting with back pain, slipped discs, sciatica, sciatic nerve pain, or sciatica-like symptoms below:
- Chiropractic treatment (chiropractic adjustment) for the lower spine segments, tailbone, pelvic, hip, or knee joints needing realignment.
- Chiropractic mobilization and manipulation of muscles such as the hamstring, calf, gluteal, and piriformis muscles.
- Manual physiotherapy by a certified physiotherapist to treat the soft tissues of the painful leg, including muscles, tendons, and ligaments of the leg.
- Patients may also require physiotherapy given through therapy devices such as:
High-intensity laser therapy
- Sciatica patients with a spinal disc-related disorder may also need spinal decompression therapy through the RxDecom® or the DTS decompression, depending on the severity of their condition.
- Our chiropractors and physiotherapists will also customize a specific rehabilitation program using the Spinercise® rehabilitation device, rocker boards, and wobble boards to help strengthen and stabilize neuromusculoskeletal systems.
FAQs On Chiropractic Care, Back Pain, And Sciatica In 2022
We understand that patients have questions about back pain and sciatica and want helpful answers. The clinical team of CSC has complied with some of the most commonly asked questions about chiropractic treatment and those related to finding a good chiropractor or back pain and sciatica in Malaysia to assist you in getting the relief you need for lasting relief from aches and pains.
The cost of physiotherapy treatment is dependent on the procedures, and at CSC, they can range from RM 28 to RM 110. We have provided some examples of costs below:
Spinal decompression by DTS is RM 55
Spinal Decompression therapy by the RxDecom® is RM 65
High-Intensity Laser Therapy cost is RM 110
Shockwave Therapy price is RM
Ultrasound therapy price is RM 30
ELectrotherapy price is RM 28
Some may need one or more of the above for comprehensive treatment of the impacted areas.
Getting better should never cause you pain. When it comes to spine & joint care, CSC’s motto is “No pain more Gain,” as such, the back pain or the sciatica treatment given by chiropractors and physiotherapists should never be painful. Painful therapies can make your condition worse.
If the root cause of sciatica is muscle tightness in the buttocks or thigh, recovery is fast and generally takes a few short sessions. Siple issues may even respond immediately with focused treatment by our physiotherapists and chiropractors in Malaysia.
On the other hand, patients with sciatica and sciatic nerve symptoms that result from a bone spur, arthritis, or slipped disc require more extended periods ranging from a couple of weeks to four or more weeks.
Prolonged sitting, poor posture, and twisting activities are the leading causes of severe spinal disc-related issues such as bulging and herniated discs. Generally, sciatica patients should avoid bending or twisting at the back. In addition, you should avoid prolonged sitting, slouching postures, or hanging over your keyboard or laptop. Moreover, avoid any exercises or therapy programs that require bending or twisting at the waist.
Published research in reputable journals mentions bulging, herniated, and extruded discs (slipped discs) as the primary cause of sciatica. Tit-tar and bonesetting realignments are crude methods of spinal manipulations that place excessive pressure on the spinal discs, causing them to slip more or tear apart. Therefore, we discourage any spinal manipulation that twists the spine, including those provided by physiotherapists, chiropractors, tit-tar & bonesetters. The best and safest method of spinal manipulation is the Activator method of chiropractic treatment.
Published research in reputable journals mentions bulging, herniated, and extruded discs (slipped discs) as the primary cause of sciatica. Tit-tar and bonesetting realignments are crude methods of spinal manipulations that place excessive pressure on the spinal discs, causing them to slip more or tear apart. Therefore, we discourage any spinal manipulation that twists the spine, including those provided by tit-tat practitioners, bonesetters, physiotherapists, and chiropractors. The best and safest method of spinal manipulation is the Activator method of chiropractic treatment.
Visit Malaysia’s Top Physiotherapist & Chiropractor Today At One Of Three CSC Locations In Kuala Lumpur
Contact CSC today to learn more about treating sciatica and back pain through physiotherapy and chiropractic in Kuala Lumpur. A CSC physiotherapist and chiropractor for back pain and sciatica is the best alternative to injections or surgery; call one of our centers today.