Best Scoliosis Treatment Without Surgery
Scoliosis is an abnormal side-bending curvature of the spine. It is more common in girls than boys. The actual cause of scoliosis is still unknown but linked to genetic predisposition, often passed from mother to child. In general, there are two forms of scoliosis:
- “C”-shaped scoliosis: These are single scoliotic curves that resembling the letter “C.” A ‘C” shaped scoliosis may progress to the “S” shape scoliosis.
- “S”-shaped scoliosis: This is double scoliosis, resembling the letter “S.” These are more complicated curves with rapid progression.
Based on their presentation, both the “C” and “S” shaped scoliosis is further divided into two categories:
- Rotatory scoliosis: A rotatory scoliosis is one where the spine twists as it bends. Rotatory scoliosis is a faster-developing condition, and is harder to manage and treat.
- Non-Rotatory Scoliosis: In non-rotatory scoliosis, the bending is present without rotation. These are often seen in the early-stages of scoliosis that is “C” shaped.
What Is The Best Treatment For Scoliosis?
The best Scoliosis treatment is evidence-based, targeting the side bending at the apex and the rotatory components. Twisting, turning, and turning, especially when done on both sides, can worsen a scoliotic.
The non-rotatory Activator methods of chiropractic are the best technique in chiropractic for scoliosis. Avoid the Gonstead and Diversified methods of chiropractic treatments if you have a slipped disc or scoliosis.
Scoliosis patients can benefit a lot from targeted scoliosis-based physiotherapy treatments. However, twisting or bending the spine from side to side should be avoided. Physiotherapy should focus on the stretching of tight muscles and scoliosis-specific strengthening of weak muscles. Strengthening programs for scoliosis takes expertise and experience. It would be best if you were careful about the strengthening or training programs you engage in because if you strengthen or boost the wrong muscles, it will worsen your scoliotic curve.
To summarize, the best type of scoliosis treatment is an integrative system of care that combines activator chiropractic (non-rotatory chiropractic) and focused physiotherapy.
Chiropractic Specialty Center® provides the best non-surgical scoliosis treatment in Malaysia. Our combined methods of scoliosis treatment are evidence-based and delivered with utmost care and attention. Our center has been at the forefront of non-surgical scoliosis treatment in Malaysia for the last 15-years. Our advanced methodology and breakthrough technology have helped many. Call or visit a center near you today for the best scoliosis treatment in Malaysia.
Share with others:
Top Eight Things You Should Avoid If You Have Scoliosis
Here is a list of activates you should avoid if you have scoliosis:
- Avoid back extension exercise.
- Don’t sleep on your stomach.
- No Yoga or other method of excessive bending or twisting.
- Avoid physiotherapy or chiropractic treatment the bends and twists your spine to both sides.
- Don’t carry a heavy bookback.
- Avoid excessive tech use and slouching.
- Avoid sitting for a prolonged period.
- Don’t sit in a flexed (forward bending) position.
What Are The Things You Should Do If You Have Scoliosis?
- Strengthen your core muscles, but avoid any bending or twisting.
- Get a supportive mattress.
- Get enough sleep.
- Stay active, go for walks.
- Practice sitting and standing in a good posture.
- Get expert care from a team deeply familiar with scoliosis treatment.
Share with others: