Table Of Contents
- Treatment For Pelvic Pain During Pregnancy By Top Chiropractor In KL
- What Is Pelvic Pain & How To Recover Fast?
- What Are The Common Causes Of Pelvic Pain During Pregnancy?
- What Are The Common Symptoms Of Pregnancy Sources Of Pelvic Disorder?
- Pelvic Pain Syndrome During Pregnancy
- What Causes Pelvic Pain During Pregnancy?
- What Causes A Pelvic Girdle Pain During Pregnancy & How To Get Rid Of It?
- How To Avoid Pelvic Pain During Pregnancy?
- How To Relief Pelvic Pain During Pregnancy?
- Slipped Disc During Pregnancy & Pelvic Girdle Pain
- Is It Safe To Get Your Pelvic Girdle Treated By A Chiropractor During Pregnancy?
- What Is The Best Treatment For Pelvic Pain During Pregnancy?
- FAQs On Pelvic Pain During Pregnancy
Treatment For Pelvic Pain During Pregnancy By Top Chiropractor In KL
Pelvic pain during pregnancy is a common condition that causes stiffness, discomfort, or pain in the lower abdomen, pubic area, pelvic joints (sacroiliac joints), or the pelvic girdle. Other related names include pelvic girdle pain syndrome or symphysis pubis dysfunction. During pregnancy, the leading cause of pelvic pain, pubic pain, or pelvic girdle pain is related to hormonal changes, growing uterus, and the stretching of ligaments as the baby grows in the womb. As such, pelvic pain and pubic pain are too common.
However, there are a few instances where pelvic pain needs urgent attention, and we have included some of them below:
- Severe abdominal pain
- Vaginal bleeding
- Fluid leaking from e vagina
- Baby moving less
- Nausea &vomiting, or blood in the urine.
Chiropractic Specialty Center® (CSC) provides integrative treatment for pelvic pain during pregnancy through the combined efforts of our physiotherapists and top chiropractor in KL. Dr. Yama is an American chiropractor with over 25 years of experience. He has been treating pregnancy aches and pain through safe and effective chiropractic methods combined with physiotherapy and a personalized exercise program for pregnant women to eliminate pelvic pain, back pain, and pubic pain during pregnancy.
What Is Pelvic Pain & How To Recover Fast?
Pelvic pain can occur in both men and women but usually pertains to the aches & pains women feel in the pelvic region impacting the internal reproductive organs. Statistically speaking, up to 90% of women will feel pelvic pain during pregnancy or soon after childbirth. Aside from pregnancy-related pelvic disorders, pelvic disorder or discomfort can signify infection, constipation, diarrheas, or a misaligned pelvic bone.
What Are The Common Causes Of Pelvic Pain During Pregnancy?
- Growth spurts of the baby and uterus often start during the 5th month
- Hormonal changes of pregnancy (estrogen, progesterone & relaxin hormones).
- Rapidly Expanding uterus that accommodates the growing baby.
- Excessive tension or damage of the round ligament of the uterus.
- Spine, pelvic, and tailbone misalignments occur due to changes in the center of gravity coupled with the increased stretchability of the soft tissue.
- Miscarriages or an ectopic pregnancy
- Ovulation & menstrual cramps
- Ovarian cysts, endometriosis, fibroids, or cancer
- Constipation & diarrhea
- Mispositioned pelvic bone or a misaligned sacrum (tailbone)
- Urinary tract infection or kidney disorders
- A pinched spinal nerves as seen in patients with spondylolisthesis or slipped discs (bulging & herniated Discs).
- Weakness in the pelvic floor muscles
What Are The Common Symptoms Of Pregnancy Sources Of Pelvic Disorder?
- Pain or discomfort in the lower abdomen (between the belly button and pubis)
- Groin pain
- Pelvic girdle pain
- Diarrhea or constipation
- Increased menstrual cramps
- Intense menstrual pain
- Burning sensation or pain while urinating
- Painful pelvic bones
- Pain in the hip or tailbone
- Blood in urine or stool
- Pain during intimacy (intercourse)
- Bloating or excessive gas
Pelvic Pain Syndrome During Pregnancy
During pregnancy, pelvic pain syndrome often causes symptoms of discomfort, aches, or pain in the symphysis pubis area or at the pelvic girdle. Pelvic girdle pain and pain at the pubic symphysis regions are often caused by stiffness at the tailbone, lower back, or pelvic joints.
Pelvic girdle pain and pain at the pubis impact 1 in 5 women, and in almost all cases, patients report pain deep in the pubic and groin areas. In addition to the painful groin, patients will also report pain between the anus and vagina (the premium region)
What Causes Pelvic Pain During Pregnancy?
Pelvic pain during pregnancy is defined as stiffness, discomfort, or pain in the front or back of the pelvic regions. Pelvic pain during pregnancy is relatively common, and they are not harmful to the baby. We have put together some of the signs and symptoms of pelvic disorders during pregnancy below:
- Pain or discomfort between the belly button and the groin area (round ligament pain)
- Pain and discomfort in the perineum region (areas between the vagina and anus)
- Pain and discomfort in the groin area or hips
- Distress or pain near or at the pubic bone
- Pain at the waist that runs across both sides of the back
According to a published study in BMC Pregnancy & Childbirth Journal, up to 89.9% of pregnant women will experience pelvic pain during pregnancy. The good news is that, for the most part, pelvic pain during pregnancy can be avoided when mothers take note of their postures and avoid stressing the expanding uterus and the growing baby.
What Causes A Pelvic Girdle Pain During Pregnancy & How To Get Rid Of It?
The pelvic girdle is a bony area around your waist that houses the balder and reproductive organs. The pelvic girdle can become a source of pain during pregnancy or after childbirth. The leading cause of increased pain is the physical and hormonal changes resulting from rapid growth, expanding pelvis, preparation for delivery, and birth.
Progesterone and relaxin are the two main hormones of pregnancy implicated in pelvic griddle pain. Excessive production and secretion of these two hormones cause ligamentous and soft tissue laxity. Ligamentous laxity caused by relaxin and progesterone hormones helps prepare the pelvic griddle for childbirth by widening the pelvic cavity.
Chiropractic Specialty Center® provides specialized treatments for pelvic girdle pain in pregnant women and those who have recently given birth. Our methods combine the best of chiropractic, physiotherapy, and soft tissue relaxation techniques for lasting relief. The treatment price for pelvic pain and a painful pelvic girdle at our center ranges from RM85 to RM115; contact us today for more information.
During pregnancy, pelvic girdle pain is descriptive of aches, discomforts, and pains felt in the pubic symphysis, sides of the pelvis (the ilium bones), or in the buttocks (the tailbone or sacrococcygeal segments of the spine).
How To Avoid Pelvic Pain During Pregnancy?
An ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure; pregnant women wishing for pain-free pregnancy need preventive measures to avoid the aches and pains of pregnancy. Here are the best preventative measure for expecting and new mothers need to prevent pelvic pain during pregnancy and after childbirth:
- Avoid prolonged sitting
- Avoid sitting with a forward-leaning posture as many do while using laptops and computers.
- Stop wearing high heels as they exacerbate pains of postural changes of pregnancy.
- Stay well hydrated; some pregnant women limit water intake to decrease the frequency of urination, which often leads to dehydration, which is dangerous for the mother and baby.
- Wear a good walking shoe for better shock absorbance
- Sleep on your left side with a pillow between the knees and under your belly to support the growing baby in your womb.
How To Relief Pelvic Pain During Pregnancy?
Suppose you are experiencing pelvic pain and discomfort. In that case, you should call our center and get assessed by our experienced chiropractor today. Dr. Yama has been treating pregnancy-related aches and pains, including pelvic-related disorders, in pregnant and new mothers for over 25 years. At Chiropractic Specialty Center® (CSC), we personalize all treatments for each individual. The rate of recovery differs from person to person. Patients who follow our advice and instruction always get better and fatter. As such, we have provided a few tips that you can do to help reduce your pelvic pain during pregnancy below:
- Rest more frequently
- Sitting is best for a pregnant mother on a reclining chair
- Don’t push yourself too much, especially if you start to experience any discomfort
- Avoid bending and twisting movements
- Try walking and doing some light exercises in the water
- Use pelvic belt support to help decrease the stress on your round ligament
- Call CSC in Bukit Damansara to schedule an appointment with our pregnancy chiropractors and physiotherapists
Slipped Disc During Pregnancy & Pelvic Girdle Pain
Slipped disc can happen at any time, including during gestation. The hallmark of a slipped disc is pain that increases or worsens when coughing or sneezing. Bulging and herniated discs commonly cause pain in the pelvic girdle areas when coughing or sneezing. Pregnancy-related slipped discs are tough to deal with, but they are treatable and manageable during pregnancy.
CSC’s clinical teams are the non-surgical experts you need to recover from slipped discs during pregnancy. Our specialized skills, advanced technology, and integrative solutions can help you recover from painful pelvic girdles caused by slip-discs; contact our main center on 03 2093 1000 for more information on CSCS’s proven slipped disc treatment; alternatively, please WhatsApp us.
Is It Safe To Get Your Pelvic Girdle Treated By A Chiropractor During Pregnancy?
Chiropractic care is the best and safest treatment for pelvic girdle pain. Pregnant women who experience a painful pelvis or pelvic girdle pain can benefit from chiropractic treatments. However, diversified chiropractic methods and the traditional Gonstead technique that requires patients to be placed on their sides should be avoided. The best and most efficient system of fixing the pelvic girdle pain syndrome is through the Activator chiropractic methods or the Gonstead knee-chest bench treatments by a well-experienced chiropractor.Dr. Yama Zafer, D.C.
What Is The Best Treatment For Pelvic Pain During Pregnancy?
Pelvic pain during pregnancy is primarily the result of growth spurts that the uterus and your baby go through starting about the 4th or 5th month of pregnancy. The round ligament of the uterus is the most common cause of pelvic pain during pregnancy. Our pregnancy chiropractor in Kuala Lumpur offers the best treatment for pelvic pain or back pain during pregnancy. In addition to pregnancy-specific chiropractic methods, our center also provides pregnancy physiotherapy. By combining your pregnancy chiropractic session with physiotherapy specific for pregnant and new mothers, you recover faster.
A stressed round ligament can cause many pelvic, back, tailbone, hips, and thighs. Moreover, it causes problems in the perineum area. Perineum pregnancy pains are also impacted by the tone and strength of the pelvic floor muscles. Therefore, pregnant women need active exercises to maintain and improve their pelvic floor muscles by doing the Kegel exercises.
Chiropractic Specialty Center® provides holistic, safe, and natural pelvic pain treatment for pregnant and new mothers through the Webster technique combined with Activator-specific methods of pregnancy care. Our clinical team of physiotherapists and chiropractors in KL are the experts you need to eliminate pelvic pain during pregnancy; contact us now to learn more about our services.
FAQs On Pelvic Pain During Pregnancy
What Causes Pelvic Pain During Pregnancy?
The leading cause of pelvic pain during pregnancy is the uterus and the baby’s rapid growth. As the baby gowns, the womb expands to make room. Womb (uterus) expansion stresses the anchoring ligaments and soft tissues that connect the womb to the pelvis and abdominal walls, leading to abdominal and pelvic pain.
If you have pelvic pain changing your sleeping position can help reduce symptoms. The best position to sleep during pregnancy is on your left side. Place a pillow between your knee and draw them closer to your chest for best results. Also, put a smaller pillow under your belly to support the womb.
Pregnancy aches and pains are avoidable and recoverable without medication. Pelvic pain impacting the buttocks, tailbone, and hips can be reduced significantly by using an ice pack every 2 to 3 hours for 15 minutes. Icing your painful areas reduces inflammation, a needed component in pain relief. Pelvic pain near the public regions of the lower parts of the abdomen often results from round ligaments stress. Try moist heat for 15 minutes. Contact us for focused treatments from our pregnancy team of chiropractors and physiotherapist if pain persists.
Hormonal changes during pregnancy are the leading cause of painful pelvic girdle during progesterone. Estrogen and relaxin are the two hormones responsible for preparing the body for childbirth. These two hormones’ increased production and secretion cause ligamentous and softness that brings about pain and discomfort.
Chiropractic is the best and safest form of treating pelvic girdle pain and pelvic pain during or after pregnancy. The Activator chiropractic method is the safest, most effective, and best treatment technique in chiropractic for pregnancy-related pelvic girdle disorders.
Pelvic Pain that worsens when coughing or sneezing may result from herniated or bulging discs. Herniated and bulging discs (slipped discs) are treatable and repairable. CSC provides the best and most effective sipped discs treatment for all patients, including pregnancy-related slipped disc disorders.